FS: VOX MJ Knife - RWL34 steel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
SOLD

This is the 5 inch version (much more balanced and useful) http://www.voxknives.com/voxmj.htm

Vox MJ - (I think the MJ stands for Master Journeyman) - this is a handmade knife by Jesper Voxnæs (www.voxknives.com). It uses the stock removal method, professionally heat-treated and is made from a powdersteel, RWL34: A Swedish equivalent to the Japanesee ATS34 and the American CPM 154. It´s a very tough steel with VERY good edge retention. Alan Wood is now making knives with this steel (I believe). Photos of the 6 inch version are here on this site - but the one I have is the 5 inch version - making it much more usable. The blade also has a finger knotch for more control - effectively taking the blade down to 4 3/4 inches. The blade is a sturdy 5mm thick through the tang and around 4+mm thick over the blade. It makes for a very strong blade. The flat grind with tiny secondary bevel gives it a less 'massive' profile and a fine edge. But as it is such a strong steel - a strong edge. This knife is for heavy use and is built to last.

Green linen micarta, titanium pins and titanium lanyard tube, kydex sheath.

The knife has been lightly used, had a ceramic steel and light stropped to maintain its edge. It has only been used a couple of times. RWL34 is a stain-resistant but NOT stainless steel. As you can see from the blade there is some staining blemishes but this is quite normal and will develop further over time and use (see piccie 6). Slight scuffing on two small parts of the blade (also show in detail in the piccies - from the sheath and a feather stick come from the pearl-blast finish smoothing off. This is also quite normal for this finish. If you don't like the finish the blade can always be polished or fine grit finished - which is easy to do.. I have posted these pictures up - to show full condition - but the condition is very good and the performance would be as new.

Knife new would be around £165-ish excluding shipping and VAT (which would place it nearer £200). As I have lightly used it a couple of times (a feather stick and prepping a rabbit) I would like £99 SOLD all in - inc PP and RMSD. It is this price because it has been lightly used.

Reason for selling. Simple: I have small hands.

This knife is begging to be used and it just sits in my drawer.

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1-1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE