FS: Uffington White Horse leather strops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I've got just four Uffington White Horse strops left after the Moot. The strops are handmade from 3.5mm veg-tan leather, with a solid brass D-ring at one end (to hold in your hand) and a paracord loop at the other (e.g. to hook over a branch). Size (approx) 1.25" by 12".

This time I've 'engraved' the horse into the leather, rather than embossing it, as this fits more with the design of the original horse, which is, in effect, engraved into the hillside.

Strops are numbered from the top in the photo (i.e. top is No 1, bottom is No 4).

strop_21.jpg

• SOLD STF No 1 is dark brown, price £9 (price reduction as there is a slight scuff mark under the horse's front feet wich must have happened while it was on the for sale table at the Moot)
  • SOLD No 2 is medium brown, price £10
  • SOLD STFNo 3 is antiqued mahogany, price £10
  • SOLD STF No 4 is dark brown, price £10

Prices include free P&P to UK destinations. Paypal preferred (gift please to avoid fees), let me know if you want to use an alternative payment method.

If interested, please PM me with the number of the strop that you want.

Thanks for looking.

Geoff

Last edited:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
A blatant bump on these handmade leather strops.

The figure of the ancient White Horse is situated on the upper slopes of the White Horse Hill in Southern Oxfordshire and dates from about 3,000 years ago and is believed to be the oldest white horse figure in Britain.

The figures are individually hand tooled onto the strops, which are then hand dyed, polished with carnauba wax and the solid brass D-ring is then sewn using beeswaxed linen thread, before finishing with the paracord loop.

No 2 (numbering from the top) is sold, the remaining three are still available. For details of costs, etc., see Post no 1.

strop_21.jpg

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
No 3 now gone as well, so there aren't any left. I'll have to get making some more!

If you are interested, send me a PM and I can put you on the waiting list. I can do commissions but if the design is complex, there would be a cost increase to cover the time to work on the design.

Thanks for all the interest.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE