Fs, Reindeer Antler Scandi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sc_barker

Forager
Aug 23, 2006
Leicester
Reindeer antler Scandi

Blade
The blade is a custom, hand made blade by the Danish smith Per Glerup. The blade is made out of Sandvik steel 12c27 with a really good edge. On the back of the blade there is a great looking file work as a high end detail. The blade has a mirror polished surface and is of traditional stick tang type.

Handle
The main material of the handle is reindeer antler, but there is also two small pieces of curl birch. At the end of the handle there is a mosaic pin of brass and steel.
Both sides of the handle are engraved with a square pattern on top and a line on the bottom. I have sanded the handle to grid 2000 and buffed it for a high gloss.
The handle is made to be slender and easy to use, with a little curve at the end, for that really good control.

Sheath
The sheath is made in the same traditional way as the rest of the knife. The materials used are hand picked reindeer antler, leather made out of reindeer skin.
I have made a similar engraving, as on the handle, along the side of the antler part of the sheath. When the knife is inserted in the sheath the patterns seam to transfer from the sheath underneath the leather and up to the knife handle.
The three holes, on the front side of the sheath are there for two reasons:
One is for decoration, since when the knife is inserted in the sheath, you can see the mirror polished blade through the holes. The second reason is vent any moisture out of the sheath and protecting the blade.
I have made the hanger out of 3 mm leather cord with a decorative little piece of antler, with an engraving as well.
As with the handle the sheath is polished and buffed for really high gloss.

The knife has been stored in a padded case and not been used.

I'm asking £155 £150 including RMSD UK, id prefer cheque on this one but if you need to use paypal add 4%. Sold

52.jpg

Thanks for looking.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I dont often comment on knives (just occasionally drool) but that is lovely.
Not in my price range but someone will end up with a beauty.
dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE