FS: Coracle and Paddle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearbait

IMG_2763_cr.jpg

IMG_2764_cr.jpg

I built this coracle (under instruction) a few years ago. The coracle dimensions are approx. 56" x 40". It's been very lightly used and seems sound and in good condition. It's been stored under cover all that time. There's a small hole about 1/2" across in the bow area above the waterline. This will be readily repaired with some calico (supplied) and some bitumen paint (not supplied, but available from places like B&Q and Wickes). The lucky purchaser would be advised to give the whole boat a coat of bitumen paint to ensure watertightness. Comes with the paddle, as shown.

I'm looking for £65 for the coracle. Buyer collects.

Interested potential puchasers should form an orderly queue and PM me for details of viewing. I'm based on the mid-Wales border near Hay-on-Wye.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day...

bearbait

Hi Robin,

Many thanks for your comment.

To be honest I can't remember the name of the guy who led the course. (I think it might have been Tim?). I seem to remember it was somewhere in the boonies around Newbridge-on-Wye in Powys. It was based in a sort of open but covered workshop in a small area of woodland. Tea breaks and lunches were round an open fire. It was a good fun few days followed at the end by trial "sails" on the Wye in the coracles.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Hi Robin,

Many thanks for your comment.

To be honest I can't remember the name of the guy who led the course. (I think it might have been Tim?). I seem to remember it was somewhere in the boonies around Newbridge-on-Wye in Powys. It was based in a sort of open but covered workshop in a small area of woodland. Tea breaks and lunches were round an open fire. It was a good fun few days followed at the end by trial "sails" on the Wye in the coracles.

Sounds like Tim Wade, tall guy?

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Thread posts like "FS: Coracle and Paddle" are just one of the reasons I love this wee forum :D

:D Yeah like going to a meet and telling the bods at work you spent the weekend in the woods with folks who had knives and axes.....and no one got killed :O

bearbait

Hi there polecat paul,

Many thanks for your interest in the coracle.

I'm currently trying to set up a meet with an interested party for a ritual exchange of the coracle for beer tokens. If we can't hook up for a mutually satisfactory trade I'll let you know.

Once again, many thanks and have a nice day...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE