Frozen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Overcast and maybe -4C but for the 3rd day in a row, almost no wind at all. It's a relief.
Plenty of snomobile traffic up top now that the cold is gone.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I went a bit mental with budgeting over the last year or so as I moved into a new house with gas central heating which is new to me and cost more than I thought, as part of that I've recorded the tempreature on and off. Apparently the average temp for January [NE Scotland] is 5.5 degress [forgot where I found that.], last year it was 2.9 deg, this year 4.4 deg. So warmer than last year but still colder than 'average'

Just thought I'd add that the temp measurements are taken from the metweather using the nearest station to me of Lossiemouth [40 miles to the west of me] with the reading taken at 08.00. My thermometer outside consistently show a lower reading - I don't know if they aren't calibrated properly or if it is just consistently colder where I am.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We're the same here Mousey; it's always colder (or warmer in Summer) than the 'official' reading.
I'm sometimes tempted to contact them and ask how one goes about having proper recordings made that are acceptable for the records.

M

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Its 3oc here, i would say that i'm really missing the snow but having the flu at the moment i'm kind of glad i don't need to scrape a car or grit a road.

I'm more annoyed that the big down parka i bought summer last year is still in the box unused.

There's nothing more demoralising and dangerous than cold "damp" weather however, stay safe out there people.

Tonyuk

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Its 3oc here, i would say that i'm really missing the snow but having the flu at the moment i'm kind of glad i don't need to scrape a car or grit a road.

I'm more annoyed that the big down parka i bought summer last year is still in the box unused.

There's nothing more demoralising and dangerous than cold "damp" weather however, stay safe out there people.

Tonyuk

I know how you feel Tone, i'm full of flu, feel as "rough as a badger".

I've even had my yearly October flu jab, but still caught it!

Was out earlier, absolutely baltic out there, must be -4*c in that wind chill, but warming up again by the weekend. Typical!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I know how you feel Tone, i'm full of flu, feel as "rough as a badger".

I've even had my yearly October flu jab, but still caught it!

Was out earlier, absolutely baltic out there, must be -4*c in that wind chill, but warming up again by the weekend. Typical!

[video=youtube;VbmbMSrsZVQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ[/video]

Poor you LOL

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I used to live in the city. The official met station was out at the airport. Who cares? Nobody lives there.
Nice today. Partly sunny, might even melt. Our village data comes out of a digital weather-bot.
Nobody know where it is and the temps are always stupidly wrong.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE