From the top....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BootneckSteve

Apr 4, 2015
Ballymena
Still new here, so heres what I have in my webbing and Bergen and then we can compare notes:-

Webbing - I use a Splav assault vest with buttpack to hold most of my survival items (firesteel, first aid kit, gloves survival bag, pouch meals, mess tins, wind up radio, wind up torch, you get the gist) as well as my waterproof jacket, pants and poncho which are rolled at the bottom of the buttpack similar to the poncho roll on the 58 pattern webbing

Bergen - I use a large DPM Bergen which contains my German folding sleeping mat (Not at home with the idea of the rolled mat on top of the pack) down fill sleeping bag with silk liner stored inside the Bergen and inside a goretex bivvy bag which is inside a small backpack which also contains my Austrian army fleece. Old habits die hard and this was a standard practice for in case you had to abandon the Bergen in a firefight you grabbed the small pack and pegged it! Also in the Bergen I keep two 'spare' bottles of water, extra rations and a few packs of hexamine or esbit tablets, clean combat suit, clean underwear and socks sealed in plastic, extra first aid stuff, a roll of paracord, washing kit, spare gloves, a Russian Army sweater, entrenching shovel, Austrian Army quilted winter trousers and 100m of rope

As you can imagine theres a bit of weight there (around 70lb at a rough guess - May be more its definitely not less, but I didn't get through CTCRM Lympstone for nothing!

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
That's a hell of a weight to lug around.

Out of curiousity, what do you need 100mtrs of rope for?

I was wondering that too, Bushcrafters aren't renown for doing 300' Angel Run's!! :angel:

I'd go with natural cordage mate, either nettles, grasses or if you prefer chains, Daisies!! :rolleyes:

BootneckSteve

Apr 4, 2015
Ballymena
That's a hell of a weight to lug around.

Out of curiousity, what do you need 100mtrs of rope for?

It has its uses, I've had times I've had to cross rivers and stuff or get up a vertical obstacle that I cant climb that easily with the weight on my back and in that case the rope comes in handy then as well!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE