Fridtjof Nansen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
On UKTV History Yesterday was a program about this man and his attempt to get to the north pole and how he and his first mate survived for three years in the frozen arctic.
It apppears that we have him to thank for the Layer system we use today to keep warm amongst many other things.
An intelligent man with great courage. This program is unmissable for anyone interested in survival skills in the arctic or explorers.
Titled- Voyages Of Discovery :- The Ice King. On Freeview 12.
http://www.norway.org.uk/history/expolorers/nansen/nansen.htm For more on the man.

Regards Fraxinus.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
On UKTV History Yesterday was a program about this man and his attempt to get to the north pole and how he and his first mate survived for three years in the frozen arctic.
It apppears that we have him to thank for the Layer system we use today to keep warm amongst many other things.
An intelligent man with great courage. This program is unmissable for anyone interested in survival skills in the arctic or explorers.
Titled- Voyages Of Discovery :- The Ice King. On Freeview 12.
http://www.norway.org.uk/history/expolorers/nansen/nansen.htm For more on the man.

Regards Fraxinus.

I watched it and found it really interesting not your usual history programme.
I wouldn't like to have tried to swim out to their kayaks through that water.
It just shows how tough people were years ago.
But then they knew they were out there on their own.
Nowadays they call out rescue teams when they get cold feet..

Very good well worth watching

MickT

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I only caught the last 15 minutes of it on Wednesday night so I`ll be looking out for it coming on again.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Shewie They do repeats at 6am if you can't catch them in evening.

rik_uk3 Have you got the isbn number for that book and title, please.

atb Fraxinus

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE