friction folder o1 tool steel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
i have for sale one of my friction folders. this one with a 3" blade made from 3mm o1 tool steel
the blade has a double ground edge for better tip strength and a secondary bevel along the full cutting edge
blade hardened to approx 59-60hrc
handle is 2mm brass plate and olive canvas micarta
full size handle so not a small knife though can be carried edc if you dont have the locking pin which fits through the handle and tang
blade has a light acid wash
im making these now with a shorter tang to make them a little more pocket friendly so this would be better carried in a belt pouch
because of this i have reduced the price.
a lot of work in these!
price including uk post is £125
paypal preferred all fees inclusive

thanks for looking

Last edited:

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
yes its a 3mm stainless split pin, the lanyard fits through the eye

Attachments

• pin.jpg
    pin.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
hi, yes here goes... full length blade open is 194mm
full length closed including tang is 145mm
handle length is 118mm
width at widest part (handle) is 20mm
blade length from handle to tip is 75mm (3")

pivot pin is removable/adjustable infact the whole handle can be taken apart when both screws are undone
im using ptfe washers which give smooth operation and allow you to tighten hard without making the action too stiff.

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
Just to endorse Mark's product and service - I have one of the usual scandi blade friction folders and its top notch. A very happy customer. I use it regularly, and the locking pin is a stroke of genius as it really feels like a fixed blade when its in.

Thanks
Tim B

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
someone may have beaten you to it fin sorry, im discussing payment with an earlier customer so pending payment may allready be sold. i will mark it as such as soon as confirmed.

OK, no worries - you have my PM if it doesn't go through...

Incidentally, I would definitely be in the market for the same knife with a shorter handle length (say 10cm - I have small hands. I appreciate that this would be "custom" territory, so PM me if you're interested.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE