Friction fire fun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rockfarm

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2021
Costa Rica
youtube.com
This evening I harvested a local hardwood, I have no idea the name. It turned into a great one stick fire! I used it for the bow, spindle, board and tinder.
IMG-20220202-174658-2.jpg
IMG-20220202-174808.jpg

wish i'd know what the timber is as i'm always looking for new ones -- bowdrill is one of my fire starting methods and for some reasons i have to give demonstrations to folks (who have never seen it done before) rather often....

my "go-to" timber here are the young shoots of the cacao tree, but i've also used " indio desnudo ", billiba (custard apple), and beach hibiscus with good results

Reactions: Rockfarm

Rockfarm

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2021
Costa Rica
youtube.com
wish i'd know what the timber is as i'm always looking for new ones -- bowdrill is one of my fire starting methods and for some reasons i have to give demonstrations to folks (who have never seen it done before) rather often....

my "go-to" timber here are the young shoots of the cacao tree, but i've also used " indio desnudo ", billiba (custard apple), and beach hibiscus with good results
I have used Pochote before with good results. The biggest problem here is that it's all new, so many many new! Lol

Reactions: forrestdweller

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE