French flat cap?

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Morning all.

I was in Paris before Christmas and found a number of street shops selling felt flat caps.

I quite fancied one at the time but didn't bother. Now I regret not buying one.

Does anyone have an idea what these French flat caps might be called. They're a slightly different shape to the ones we get here. A moulded curve with a pointy brim.

There isn't a little extra flap like you see over here.

Not too different to one of these - but I'm going from memory so could actually be these.

http://www.hatcentre.co.uk/classic-felt-grey-p-189.html

Anyhoo I'd like to know what they're called so I can order one. There are similar caps online but nothing quite like it.

Cheers
Andy

Last edited:

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
No Rik not a sodding beret. Astounding as it is, along with 99% of the world I know what a beret is.

It was similar to the one in the link above. Indeed may well be the one in the link, I'm just not certain.
It was a firm, shaped felt. Not a floppy beret.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
No Rik not a sodding beret. Astounding as it is, along with 99% of the world I know what a beret is.

It was similar to the one in the link above. Indeed may well be the one in the link, I'm just not certain.
It was a firm, shaped felt. Not a floppy beret.

Many French men wear a beret as a flat cap with peak pulled to front and not to one side, hence me thinking of a beret.

dp0001

Forager
Apr 27, 2007
London
I miss-read the title as French cat flap and looked in wondering how it would be different to a normal cat flap. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE