Free Stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

D777

Jul 18, 2022
N/A
Hello,

I am trying to give some things away for free that I don't need. I am unable to post in the swap shop because I "don't have the priveledges to post there".

I want to give some things away as a job lot if someone would like to collect them, in Berkshire.

1) Helikon Tex Pilgrim Anorak - L - Coyote
2) British army medium weight sleeping bag, new, hasn't been washed yet.
3) Giant ferro Rod

If someone could move this thread, or PM me if you're interested I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Approved and moved to swap shop. You should be able to post in reply to this thread. All new members' first few posts need to be manually approved by a moderator, it may have been that that prevented you from starting a thread here, but there shouldn't be any barrier once you have a few more posts.

If you want, make another Intro post, this time sharing a bit about yourself. :) Pretty quick way to build up the necessary posts.

Its unusual for someone to be giving away entirely free. I hope this doesn't mean you have decided that this camping/bushcraft thing isn't for you. ;)

If you don't get any takers, and fancy a day out later in August, there is the Wilderness Gathering not that far from you, people take stuff to that to unload. Our Moot is a bit earlier, but also further away.

All the best

Chris

Reactions: crosslandkelly

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Folks,
As a new member, D777 is not able to initiate DM/PM conversations, he needs a few more posts before that is unlocked. If you would like to discuss items with him I suggest dropping him a private message which he can then reply to.

ATB

Chris

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
I managed to beat the rush and picked up the bag and bits today. Their new home will be my niece who has recently started cadets and also enjoys camping out in the woods with us. Up until now she had been borrowing one of my bags so she (and I) will be glad she's now got her own. Thanks again David for the very generous gift. As I said I will be making a charitable dotation in return.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
I managed to beat the rush and picked up the bag and bits today. Their new home will be my niece who has recently started cadets and also enjoys camping out in the woods with us. Up until now she had been borrowing one of my bags so she (and I) will be glad she's now got her own. Thanks again David for the very generous gift. As I said I will be making a charitable dotation in return.
Brilliant stuff and a kind gesture to help a young person get out and enjoy the outdoors.

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Brilliant stuff and a kind gesture to help a young person get out and enjoy the outdoors.
Absolutely, we've been getting bits and bobs for her for a while now as and when they come up. Her family isn't into camping at all so my wife and I try and nurture that part of her life. We're taking her to the Bushcraft show next week for the full event and I don't think I've seen her so exited.

Reactions: wookii

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Absolutely, we've been getting bits and bobs for her for a while now as and when they come up. Her family isn't into camping at all so my wife and I try and nurture that part of her life. We're taking her to the Bushcraft show next week for the full event and I don't think I've seen her so exited.
It’s great when you introduce new folk to the outdoors, especially young people.

Reactions: wookii

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE