Free - OS Maps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
A while ago when i first joined BCUK i was asking about billie cans when beachlover sent three nesting pans to me in the post and refused to accept any form of payment.

Since then, I have found most BCUK members to be more than willing to part with their time / posessions and advice without asking for anything in return. A strange thing to find in todays world but a common trait found with us odd fellows who choose to sleep out in't cold under a tarp despite owning a warm house!

Anyhow, it's about time i did my own bit and I'm offering four used OS maps to anyone who can make use of them.

All are 1:25000 of the Lake District (North East, North West, South East and South West). I bought these in 1989 and they have been everywhere with me. I'm only replacing them as I splashed out at Christmas and bought new ones which have been printed on plastic so i don't need to be as careful about getting them wet.

The four maps have worn covers and a couple of small holes where they fold in to a corner but apart from that (and the odd new by-pass / building) Scafell is still in the same place it was in 1989 so for wandering about the hills they are fine!

3223541888_4d289bae9f.jpg

Let me know which ones you would like (all of them if you can make use of all four) and they'll be in the post the very next day (ish). :)

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
The four maps have worn covers and a couple of small holes where they fold in to a corner but apart from that (and the odd new by-pass / building) Scafell is still in the same place it was in 1989 so for wandering about the hills they are fine!

I wouldn't be so confident about that; on April 1st 2004 I got a group of lads together and we moved the summit cairn on Scafell Pike 25 metres to the east ( we'd planned on 50 metres, but lugging several tons of rock that far seemed to be literally beyond a joke ). A handful of people asked us what we were doing, and I told them that the HSE wanted the cairn rebuilt because it was getting dangerously worn. Every one of them tutted about the new "Elf and Safety culture" and walked on.

We'd always planned to go up there and move it back, but it proved harder to get people back to un-play a prank than play it in the first place.

I've been up there several times since, and when I've heard folks complain about their GPS being out of position, I've had to suppress a guilty titter.

Cheers, Michael.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell

I wouldn't be so confident about that; on April 1st 2004 I got a group of lads together and we moved the summit cairn on Scafell Pike 25 metres to the east ( we'd planned on 50 metres, but lugging several tons of rock that far seemed to be literally beyond a joke ). A handful of people asked us what we were doing, and I told them that the HSE wanted the cairn rebuilt because it was getting dangerously worn. Every one of them tutted about the new "Elf and Safety culture" and walked on.

We'd always planned to go up there and move it back, but it proved harder to get people back to un-play a prank than play it in the first place.

I've been up there several times since, and when I've heard folks complain about their GPS being out of position, I've had to suppress a guilty titter.

Cheers, Michael.

Very very funny. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Maps have gone to a good home.

Best April fool I've heard in a long time :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Now I'm going to have to walk all the way up there to check!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE