Free food everywhere!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
So far today me and the wife gathered over 3kg of blackberries until we got bored as there's so many.
Got a bag full of sweet plums.
Found a laden damson tree so I'll be back for those.
The elder trees are covered in ripe berries, so Just need to raid a big tree.
Also saw loads of sloes and rose hips ready.

Looks like I'm going to be busy jam and wine making this week! :)

What have you lot been collecting?

Trotsky

I've seen hawthorns covered in berries, rosehips galore, I need to put on some thorn proof trousers and go down the back of my shed into the bramble and get the blackberries. Soon enough it'll be apples and hazelnuts, also hoping to get more acorns for coffee. I've offer of a tree full of plums, no idea if I'll have time for that as well.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
Nice!

I've just been back for as many damsons as I could get before it got too dark. Probably got about 1 1/2 kg. :)

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I filled a pouch full of hazels on friday, going back for more tomorrow as the trees were covered in then. My wife does a good crumble topping with them so i need to get some apples and blackberries too now.

nicksteele1990

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2016
Cheshire
My favourite country park is full of blackberries at the moment, if I'm lucky I'll get a chance to snag some. I got some oyster mushrooms from a downed tree yesterday, so that's breakfast sorted, and I know where there's an apple tree that's usually productive.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
So far today me and the wife gathered over 3kg of blackberries until we got bored as there's so many.
Got a bag full of sweet plums.
Found a laden damson tree so I'll be back for those.
The elder trees are covered in ripe berries, so Just need to raid a big tree.
Also saw loads of sloes and rose hips ready.

Looks like I'm going to be busy jam and wine making this week! :)

What have you lot been collecting?

Not arf and where I am I have been hacking through the brambles to get to the elderberries, sloes a plenty too.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Land of plenty here in West Sussex too. Berries are everywhere, lots of sloes and bullace. The Elder is looking dragged down by its produce, though I don't use them. I leave them for the birds, who thank me by pooping onto the freshly washed curtains drying on the line. :rolleyes:

Drop of rain needed to force the funghi into production is what we need. Sods Law says it'll be Tuesday when I'm off to camp in the bell tent for a few nights. Not easy to dry that canvas, and it has to be dry before storage.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I'm just back from a few weeks on the French coast. It was so refreshing to see the sheer quantity of people out every day foraging on the beach - cockles, oysters, mussels, winkles, some going for fish, and so on. So many every day.

I did think that, in general, if that was England that most people wouldn't be bothered and would just go buy instead.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Ive been clearing a load of trees on a steep bank next to a disused railway line and have exposed the tallest pear tree I've ever come across. There are already some corkers on there weighing the branches down, the only thing is they are 30ft+ in the air.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Went out the other day fishing for mackeral, pulled in a crab/lobster pot with a couple of spider crabs in...caught a pollack and re-baited the pot, then later went foraging for blackberries, apples and sloes...followed by a couple hours beach combing for drift wood for the fire ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE