Free: cut-throat razor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LM J

Nomad
Nov 26, 2008
Cumbria
Stamp reads : "George Butler & Co, Sheffield, England"

Bakelite handle's been removed at some point.

Just PM me your address.

Cheers

Attachments

• 210120111625.jpg
    210120111625.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 210120111626.jpg
    210120111626.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 47

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
That's what you get for waiting. Ha ha! If you're after a straight edge let me know mate...

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Cheers Chad!

Yeh was contemplating the actually need rather than the use.

Cheers for the offer will have a chat on sat if your at the meet, got another belt for ya.

(sorry for the thread jack)

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
lol i know, me an my GF are going to view a house today, so could be moving in a few weeks lol she wont notice to much extra stuff

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I'm really thinking of changing to a straight razor cos I'm fed up with these new multi function, multi clog up rubbish you get nowadays. You just can't seem to get a good old fashioned single blade safety or straight razor anywhere though without going abroad. Grrrrrrr

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm really thinking of changing to a straight razor cos I'm fed up with these new multi function, multi clog up rubbish you get nowadays. You just can't seem to get a good old fashioned single blade safety or straight razor anywhere though without going abroad. Grrrrrrr

You can if you know where to look - you after any particular type of safety razor?

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Start with 'The Shaving Room' forum. All you need to know in one place. It's like the BCUK, but sponsored by 'smooth-face'.

For the record, I'd recommend a Merkur 34 or 38. You can get them most UK commercial shaving websites.

RJames

Forager
Jun 25, 2008
Durham, UK
I am a member over on badger and blade, and I would say if you can pick up a vintage gilette superspeed and some Israeli personna blades and your all set. Of course a shaving brush and soaps are also required... just don't end up like me...

P1010032.jpg
that is just the users not including any straights or my collectable DE razors

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Arrived today Lee. Thank you very much, I intend to give it a reindeer antler handle if my handy work goes well I will post a pic up.

Again thank you chap!

Southey.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Me too! I'm seriously into my straights at the moment. I have two Taylor 1000's already. Must......stop......using......Ebay......

I can only assume we've been driving prices up for each other on ebay, I buy old ones and do them up as well. Mostly after Joseph Rodger stuff at the moment though, if you're bidding on them let me know so we save each other money in future! I've got a ridiculous amount of users in rotation at the moment as I can rarely bare to part with them when finished...

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I can only assume we've been driving prices up for each other on ebay, I buy old ones and do them up as well. Mostly after Joseph Rodger stuff at the moment though, if you're bidding on them let me know so we save each other money in future! I've got a ridiculous amount of users in rotation at the moment as I can rarely bare to part with them when finished...

I've seen the ridiculous prices but haven't been using Ebay for straights for a while now as the 'market' for want of a better word is, quite frankly ridiculous! I watched a couple of 1000's go for over £20 recently, and one which appeared to be in mint condition realised over £50. There's something about the 1000's that I particularly like; maybe it's because they're recognisable, British, and local?

What are you currently working on? Anything nice?

Regards,
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE