Free Cramp ball!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Ogri the trog said:
Buckshot,
Even though I was too late to get onto your mailing list, I'd like to thank you for this very generous gesture. It's not often that people will make an offer like you have. You've restored a little of the lost faith in society.

Cheers Buddy

Ogri the trog
No problem Ogri,
I figured that I'd taken sooooo much out of this forum it's about time I offered something in return. :)

Ronin said:
Bucks, mate what are you sending the balls out in? boxed I assume?
Actually, I'm wrapping them in some bubblewrap and then in an A5 envelope. Keeps the postage cost to about 30p.

I went out last night and collected some more. :D
If Young Bushman, Ogri and Biddlesby want to send me a PM with your postal address I'll send some out to you.
If anyone else wants some too there's some left....

Up to you.

Cheers

Mark

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Mine arrived today! Interesting stuff, I see what you mean about it being sooty. I'll be trying it out as soon as its dried.

Thanks again Buckshot :D

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
EdS said:
Buckshot,

Have you got any left?
Yep, just enough.
PM your address and I'll send some.

That's another 7 names.
Young Bushman
Ogri the trog
Biddlesby
Luxorone
Grez
EDS
Adge

I hope to get these out tomorrow if poss - as long as I have the addresses.

Jason01, perhaps we can come to a deal on one of your steels? ;)

Cheers

Mark

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
I've been asked to pass on the info that the fungus weevil Platyrhinus resinosus relies on cramp balls for its life cycle so it might a nice eco-friendly thing to only collect a minimum of cramp balls and not denude one dead tree/area.
Not intending to point fingers, just passing on some info. :)

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Buckshot said:
Jason01, perhaps we can come to a deal on one of your steels? ;)

Cheers

Mark

LOL Im sure we can sort something out, I'll drop you a PM

Cheers

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Not Bob said:
I've been asked to pass on the info that the fungus weevil Platyrhinus resinosus relies on cramp balls for its life cycle so it might a nice eco-friendly thing to only collect a minimum of cramp balls and not denude one dead tree/area.
Not intending to point fingers, just passing on some info. :)
I agree completely NB and good advice.
When I collected it all, it came from vaious sources in several woods and I only ever took no more than half of what was there at each place. And often no where near that.

Cheers

Mark

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
All arrived safe and sound, thanks Buckshot!

I didn't know they were known as cramp balls- I was introduced to it as King Arthur's cakes, Daldinia concentrica

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
underground said:
All arrived safe and sound, thanks Buckshot!

I didn't know they were known as cramp balls- I was introduced to it as King Arthur's cakes, Daldinia concentrica
Yeah, the other common name is King Alfred's cake, because he was the one who burnt the cake !

Glad they're getting there. The last lot are being sent out today.

Cheers

Mark

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Joined up to late to take advantage of this kind offer! if it becomes available again I would be very interested! if possible could you let me know

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE