Free advice

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just some free advice really to sellers and purchasers that I've learned over the last few days.

To make things as easy and simple as possible , and I apologise if its stating the obvious but clearly its not THAT obvious.

If purchasing something , to help the seller please include the following in your Paypal Text

1# FORUM NAME / HANDLE

2# REAL NAME

3# REAL ADDRESS

4# THE ITEM YOU ARE PURCHASING.

As you've put that text into the box you may as well copy+paste it onto a BCUK Internal PM to the seller if your going to send a 'monies sent' PM.

I only mention this as I currently have learned numerous PM's containing the least information are just very very good at filling your PM allowance.

So , by including the salient points the seller may need to know would be useful in the 1st and last text for good Customer management.

It really , really does help someone manage their sales better but giving concise information in a single PM rather than multiple PM traffic.

Thanks for listening!:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Unless you're sending or accepting a personal payment, most of that information should be on the payment notification anyway, apart from the forum username

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
I've sent you a payment, I also put in the message what it was for TeeDee, hope you got that information? Ease of restraint book was what I paid for. Cheers Steve

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I've sent you a payment, I also put in the message what it was for TeeDee, hope you got that information? Ease of restraint book was what I paid for. Cheers Steve

Yes mate , all done and posted - its just an observation really , not a dig at anyone apart from me who should have requested it in the 1st place. Happy Times!!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Unless you're sending or accepting a personal payment, most of that information should be on the payment notification anyway, apart from the forum username

Thats what i thought. I always put my username and item description in the paypal msg as well

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

if only that were true I've had two incidences where the paypal adress was an old one and I've sent n in good faith to find they no longer live there.... both got resolved but it was still a pain

this should be a sticky

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
if only that were true I've had two incidences where the paypal adress was an old one and I've sent n in good faith to find they no longer live there.... both got resolved but it was still a pain

this should be a sticky

When i buy i give my address when when i send the "payment sent" pm so i'm only thinking of the paypal info as a help to matching the buyer with his goods

Good point though. I'v had a couple of things go to my mum and dads address after I'd bought them something from ebay and forgot to change the addy back to mine

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
As 99% of my purchases here and other forums are from friends I always try to remember and send it as a gift and include details in the text box. NOW here's where I hold up my hands and say there’s been a couple of times I've forgot to add the text and had to send a PM, I'll get better....promise.

You wouldn't believe the hassle I had changing the default address from the US to the UK, it's done now but for a while I had to PM with the correct address. I think Corso is right this should be made an informative sticky. Thanks for the heads up TeeDee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE