Frasers BCUK Bushmoot after party - Some pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Implying nothing, other than it made me chuckle after reading a recent post, thought it subtle 2 fingers. No offence intended, thought it was a clever photo but then I may have over thought it. Looks like you had a great few days, have had a couple of opportunities to learn from Frazer so very jelaouse of your cook up

May 6, 2010
uk
www.coastalsurvival.com
Implying nothing, other than it made me chuckle after reading a recent post, thought it subtle 2 fingers. No offence intended, thought it was a clever photo but then I may have over thought it. Looks like you had a great few days, have had a couple of opportunities to learn from Frazer so very jelaouse of your cook up

You've got a keen eye Ash ;) Looking forward to seeing you and your gang in Feb, and a bit of game on the fire :)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Looks like fun, and I'm sure Frazer's food was good as ever.
I like the snowy picture too.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Looks like a fine time. Do the Doormice nibble the tops [where the embryos are located] from the acorns, so they can store them without fear of them germinating? Or just eat them pronto?

I know that squirrels oremove the embryos in that fashion, to store them.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire

Thanks for replying. I heard how the review thread went downhill and thought (quite wrongly and I do apologise) oh no!!!

I chose that picture purely because there were very few taken of anyone using tools.

I did not intend it to be any sort 2 fingers to anyone.

I take a lot of pictures (too many some folk say) and I can see how this one can be construed as taking a pop but I never intended it as so.

Thanks everyone for their kind comments.

As to what the mice do with the nuts I have no idea. I just thought they ate them there and then. I am sure someone here will know though.

Cheers

George

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Dormice hibernate for winter so don't need to store food. Wood mice build caches underground. These have simply been eaten.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Yeah, but the Chris Caine companion is a nice tool in use; even I liked it but the price point is off putting for me personally
I use a modded British army survival knife for similar jobs and it cost a fraction of the price
you don't really take too many pics; you are the David Bailey of the woods
That is a compliment

May 6, 2010
uk
www.coastalsurvival.com
Ask farther Christmas for the knife, I did and he ordered my the basic model buy mistake! :/ Must of been on-line late at night (and started on the Christmas Port already ;) I have told him I want the Delux model, with the fire rod and sharpener (now I'm going all Gucci) :)

Yeah, but the Chris Caine companion is a nice tool in use; even I liked it but the price point is off putting for me personally
I use a modded British army survival knife for similar jobs and it cost a fraction of the price
you don't really take too many pics; you are the David Bailey of the woods
That is a compliment

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE