Four Fruit Pyjamas

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Anyone a fan of Four Fruit Pyjamas? What's your favoured piece? Have you left it as is or added to it?

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
..........cue me totally bemused :rolleyes:

off to google..........again :eek:

MM

Tonight seems to be the night for the land of confusion, so I thought it (sort of) appropriate to ask the question I'd had on my mind for a while :eek: :D

Alpenflage ??

It is ~ I've always thought of it as 'Explosion in a Sweet Shop'. It's quite effective stuff, I think the Swiss cottoned on to the fact that colours appear darker at a distance ~ and, used correctly, this stuff can play merry hell with your mind and it's ability to interpret depth and shape.

A big advantage to it is that none take it too seriously ;) :rofl:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had to google that one.

I hadn't heard it called that until quite recently ~ and then I found myself needing to find a way to '?? Whut ??' the world in general :eek: :D .

Some of the threads tonight were getting a bit strange, so quite please it was about camo.

Yeah, I've been holding onto this for a short while. The weirdness of tonight inspired the release :D .

Never heard of that one

Apparently the correct name for the pattern is Liebermuster. But that sounds like it's connected to a little blue pill :eek: .

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I think Henry Dubora had some packs in AF, as well as a few ponchos. My dad replace a 101's canvas with some AF pattern heavy cotton. Looked like a hippy mobile. :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Not heard of Henry Dubora before, nice site, no Pyjamas though :( .

I think a better term for the addition of that canopy to a 101 might have been 'Migraine Mobile' :yikes: , for which
a pair of Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses might have been warranted :eek: :rofl: .

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Anyone a fan of Four Fruit Pyjamas? What's your favoured piece? Have you left it as is or added to it?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had to google that one. Some of the threads tonight were getting a bit strange, so quite please it was about camo. Never heard of that one phil

Why is it that when I read that I knew exactly what Phil was on about?

He's dragging me down to his wavelength now... :yikes: Is there any hope for me or am I past redemption?:(

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Why is it that when I read that I knew exactly what Phil was on about?

e0271101-4c78-4250-8e5f-bf0724b66f94.jpg

He's dragging me down to his wavelength now... :yikes: Is there any hope for me or am I past redemption?:(

Is dragging or has dragged? You're either tense or past tense ( :p ).

And no. There is no hope, there's only me :evilangel: :D .

go-ahead-yawning-is-contagious-demotivational-poster-1276622988.jpg

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I think the original Liebermuster camouflage was developed by the Germans(slighty differant from the Swiss) to be a one for all Camouflage, at the time the Luftwaffe troops had one lot of camo the Army another few,and the SS had quite alot, this would obviously make supplying easier,at the end of the war the pattern's probs got shipped to Switzerland quite a few things did, if i remember correctly the blueprints for a new assualt rifle being designed went as well and these were improved upon and that led to the stgw57(the rolls royce of assualt rifles) i could be wrong but im sure i read that somewhere once, anyway the alpneflauge/liebermuster was design more for europes pine forrest etc, and red becomes near invisible in low light, i think if you take into account fighting in wooded area in low light(plus the original colours were more subdued) it would be pretty effective, ive got a set(alpenflauge) along with my brother that we used to use for Airsoft(many years ago) mine was brand new so quite bright, his was old and faded and was quite effective in the conditions mentioned above,but i do think there are many more useful ''FLAVOURS'' these days.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If anyone comes across it in cotton, by the metre, I'd be interested in some. I've taken to using a quilt when camping in Summer and this would make a brilliant cover for my down mat and quilt :)

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE