Four days roughing it!!(WARNING DEAD ANIMALS)

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,i thought you might like a look at last weeks wee jaunt i had on the west coast of Scotland,four days of hard graft,but pleasant graft none the less.

The weather was just brilliant,no rain,no midges:mosquitos:,but oh my the ticks were out in force :eek: little F(enter your own expletives).

Anyway the pics.
The area.
fyne.jpg

fyne2.jpg

fyne4.jpg

fyne3.jpg

Food was not an issue as we were coming down with all of natures bounty.
Snacks consisted of,
fyne7.jpg

fyne8.jpg

Winkles anyone!,plucked out of there shells with a Hawthorn spine.Delicious.
fyne9.jpg

Food and accommodation were first class.
fyne11.jpg

More substantial snacks.
fyne10.jpg

Pheasant kebab,any takers?
fyne12.jpg

And the main meals were supplied by this fine chap.
fyne5.jpg

fyne6.jpg

And as for entertainment,WELL,we just watched the telly.
fyne13.jpg

Well i had a grand time once again out and about in the wild blue yonder.

I hope you enjoyed the pics,as much as i enjoyed my time out.

Cheers Stuart.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
looks like a nice spot, any fishing done or did you have enough to eat with all that feast surely there was more than one there for aw that ! :) (is craig oot and aboot yet after car wreck) or did you share it with the ticks

Whats with the trap under the deer, catch all the puddings or where they oot it already ?

Thanks for shareing
Stoo.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Thanks for the comments folks.

looks like a nice spot, any fishing done or did you have enough to eat with all that feast surely there was more than one there for aw that ! :) (is craig oot and aboot yet after car wreck) or did you share it with the ticks

Whats with the trap under the deer, catch all the puddings or where they oot it already ?

Thanks for shareing
Stoo.

Hi Stoo,no fishing this time as the days were quite manic,and as you can see we were coming down with plenty of other food stuffs.

Craig is recovering and doing well,but unfortunately he was'nt with me this time,i spoke to him on Monday night and he said he was going to pop over to Russ's for a visit,just to see how his back would cope with the drive over,i'm sure he will be grateful that you're thinking about him.

The reason for the tarp was so i could lay out the different cuts of meat,the Buck had already been gutted before hand,the hide is now in my shed inside a bucket of water to make the hair slip,as the hide should make some nice Buckskin,i plan to use it as a back panel for a shirt eventually.

Cheers Stuart.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Aye, thats a lovely bit sure enough. How close where you to the old castle with your camp? Not surprised you got munched on by ticks. Hate the wee buggers, and up this way there are more than enough of them to go around. Always loved the full title of the last clan chief of that castle "Lachlan Maclachlan of the Clan MacLachlan who lived in Castle Lachlan" now known as Strathlachlan... and breathe.... :lmao:

Cheers,

Last edited:

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Them's a fine set o' cockles you got there Stuart and a good bit bigger than the wee ones a bit further down that coast too.

Looks like an excellent few days, thx for the photos :D

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hi Stuart,no problem with missing our trip, you had a good one yourself,with some crackin scenery and food,being as im a tick magnet myself did you catch them on you? had they bitten,or did you get them before they did?
Oh and next time im sorting one over here i will give you more notice i always seem to leave it till last minute.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Thanks again folks.;)

Aye, thats a lovely bit sure enough. How close where you to the old castle with your camp? Not surprised you got munched on by ticks. Hate the wee buggers, and up this way there are more than enough of them to go around. Always loved the full title of the last clan chief of that castle "Lachlan Maclachlan of the Clan MacLachlan who lived in Castle Lachlan" now known as Strathlachlan... and breathe.... :lmao:

Cheers,
Hi Nag,we camped up in the wood behind the castle,but we had permission by the laird to be there.Yup the ticks were a real pain.

Them's a fine set o' cockles you got there Stuart and a good bit bigger than the wee ones a bit further down that coast too.

Looks like an excellent few days, thx for the photos :D

Hi Andy,aye the Cockles were bigger,but the Mussels still felt as though they had been hunted with a 12 bore,they had that many pearls,when spitting them out it was like a Gatling gun,i'm sure i took out 3 seagulls and a Heron with one mouthful :D

Hi Stuart,no problem with missing our trip, you had a good one yourself,with some crackin scenery and food,being as im a tick magnet myself did you catch them on you? had they bitten,or did you get them before they did?
Oh and next time im sorting one over here i will give you more notice i always seem to leave it till last minute.

Hi Andy,i got one on the ankle,buried in,little sod,but was evicted in short order,no squatters rights here you know :).I did manage to catch 6 more trying the commando approach,quiet and stealthily,but once caught it was execution without a blindfold for them:AR15firin

The other guy that was there reckoned he must of had about 15 on him,he said he would just leave them in situ and take them home as pets for the wife,always caring and considerate so he is.:lmao:

Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE