Found this little chap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScoobySnacks

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2012
Berkshire
Harvest, they're actually fairly rare over here too. It always amazes me though, that they turn out to live exactly where there is a disputed development of some sort!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Harvest, they're actually fairly rare over here too. It always amazes me though, that they turn out to live exactly where there is a disputed development of some sort!

Just because they're protected doesn't mean they're rare - two different things altogether.
Seagulls, badgers and blackbirds are protected too.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk

I take your point, although there is another way to look at it, i.e. that there's always someone who wants to build on (I hate the word "develop") a nice bit of species rich land. See the article on brownfield sites for examples.

treebloke

Tenderfoot
I take your point, although there is another way to look at it, i.e. that there's always someone who wants to build on (I hate the word "develop") a nice bit of species rich land. See the article on brownfield sites for examples.

Near to where I live a model flying club have applied to build and airstrip and part of the application involves filling in an old pond to make a car park which I believe would be potential habitat for the Newts.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE