Found These

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Took the dogs for a walk this morning and due to the cold weather went a different route, went over all the marshy bits that are usually too wet for normal foot traffic. The ground was frozen which made the moss and stuff a lot better underfoot.

Anyway, I found these. Could not believe my luck.

First bit I have down as a cooking platform. although its a tad heavy its far better than the one I haven't got at the moment.
020.jpg

The second bit of "rubbish" looks like a leaf spring to me. Well it doesn't really it looks like a big Knife, but I think its a leaf spring.
021.jpg

022.jpg

Are the identifications possible from those two bits, please let it be a leaf spring.

I'm off to the shed anyway, will show you later what I Made:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The top one looks like some kind of pannier rack, nice bit of foraging though Barney whatever they are.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The first item looks like an indicator or light protection grill from a tractor or trailer that I used to see on farming equipment but a bit difficult to tell without some sizes.

Second item does indeed look like a section of a leaf spring.... looks like you've got the makings of a knife there Barney :)

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Found them on top of the rucks where the 4x4 boys play, There were a few bits of burned out stuff around tyres and what have you.

I would say that the grill thing is 10 1/2 inch x 4 1/4 inch.

I thought it was a leaf spring, I am normalizing it now:D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Found them on top of the rucks where the 4x4 boys play, There were a few bits of burned out stuff around tyres and what have you.

I would say that the grill thing is 10 1/2 inch x 4 1/4 inch.

I thought it was a leaf spring, I am normalizing it now:D

Given that size it does look like it could well be a light guard then as it looks similar to these

So what plans have you for the leaf spring?

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
well the story so far, a tea break:)

I decided to split the spring in half, I didn't want to waste such a good find. Straightened it bashed it down to four mil thick, tapered the handle tang a bit, welded on a rear bolster so I can give it some hammer:D. Ground the flats off a bit both sides, got a nice finish on one side. Stopped for scampi tails and chips.
leafspringknife002.jpg

leafspringknife003.jpg

leafspringknife004.jpg

leafspringknife005.jpg

leafspringknife006.jpg

leafspringknife009.jpg

leafspringknife010.jpg

leafspringknife011.jpg

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Sorry to hear about the break, perhaps there's enough left to make a small, compact knife, that way, your work will not have been in vain.

It was good to see the knife come to life, hopefully a small knife or tool will be possible.

Regards,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE