Found Mick's southern cousin!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
As the title suggests, I think I may have found Mick's southern cousin... and he's decided to do some landscape gardening...

[video=youtube;p1t7r3SKT2o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1t7r3SKT2o[/video]

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Words cannot express how unbelievably game I am for that! Deck it out with some speakers, get a drum kit and a few guitars in there, copiously supply it with ale and fine liquor. Fred dibnah box set on the go. Ideal!

Coincidentally me and him have the same angle grinder technique, no goggles, hold with 1 hand and jab wildly at it!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
This is the same guy who made himself retractable wolverine claws, wrist-mounted flame throwers, a jet-powered kart, a jet-powered bicycle and a hydraulic bed to name but a few... this is his least insane project of the lot... it is to build a bunker to survive the apocalypse.

Heavily sponsored project of course, but the finished article is quite practical... but given the sponsorship, the materials and the time, I should imagine this is something Mick might build as a weekend retreat in the back garden :p

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Words cannot express how unbelievably game I am for that! Deck it out with some speakers, get a drum kit and a few guitars in there, copiously supply it with ale and fine liquor. Fred dibnah box set on the go. Ideal!

Coincidentally me and him have the same angle grinder technique, no goggles, hold with 1 hand and jab wildly at it!

You are definitely related Mick... check the finished article out and see whether you notice anything from your comment down there....

[video=youtube;KO25JYAaJC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO25JYAaJC0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
This is the same guy who made himself retractable wolverine claws, wrist-mounted flame throwers, a jet-powered kart, a jet-powered bicycle and a hydraulic bed to name but a few... this is his least insane project of the lot... it is to build a bunker to survive the apocalypse.

Heavily sponsored project of course, but the finished article is quite practical... but given the sponsorship, the materials and the time, I should imagine this is something Mick might build as a weekend retreat in the back garden :p

Now building flamethrowers is illegal and very naughty and should in no way be done by anyone :p

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
You are definitely related Mick... check the finished article out and see whether you notice anything from your comment down there....

[video=youtube;KO25JYAaJC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO25JYAaJC0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I can't even deny it, Dewi you've managed to find another member of my already enormous clan, nice that there's one that isn't Irish or German! I doth my cap to thee sir! Now where did I put my spade?!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
lol he has done some insane stunts in the past, but as he's moving more into mainstream media, I get the feeling we'll see some more 'sane' projects from him.

I had to laugh though, the link was emailed to me... I presume my friends think this might be my next back garden project :p

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
If only the bunker ran on steam and had a few decent wingbacks in there itd be perfect. Delete the games consoles though, maybe one for Netflix. More room for wacky projects there

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I quite like the fact he's got the older game consoles in there... I'd get a smaller telly and I'd be revisiting the toilet situation.... there was plenty of room to build a toilet cubicle off the entrance corridor if he'd thought about it in advance.

Like the waste system, but as he's said in the video, he's going to upgrade certain elements. Increasing the size of the place is impossible now, but maybe fiddling with the layout a bit.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I quite like the fact he's got the older game consoles in there... I'd get a smaller telly and I'd be revisiting the toilet situation.... there was plenty of room to build a toilet cubicle off the entrance corridor if he'd thought about it in advance.

Like the waste system, but as he's said in the video, he's going to upgrade certain elements. Increasing the size of the place is impossible now, but maybe fiddling with the layout a bit.

Oh I mean install a snes and we'll talk haha.
Aye I'd have had a separate room for the cludgy like, seems a bit close to the bed for my liking. Facing the wrath of herself for using that while she's in bed... I'll take my chances with radiation instead!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Oh I mean install a snes and we'll talk haha.
Aye I'd have had a separate room for the cludgy like, seems a bit close to the bed for my liking. Facing the wrath of herself for using that while she's in bed... I'll take my chances with radiation instead!

I was more bothered that the bog was right next to the kitchen... I mean I know its a tight space... but he has a ventilation system in place... a small cubicle would work.

Another bit that puzzles me... what is the average water use per person per day? There is not enough room to store water in any sort of bulk down there (unless he loses the drum kit of course lol) so water would be a biggy.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I was more bothered that the bog was right next to the kitchen... I mean I know its a tight space... but he has a ventilation system in place... a small cubicle would work.

Another bit that puzzles me... what is the average water use per person per day? There is not enough room to store water in any sort of bulk down there (unless he loses the drum kit of course lol) so water would be a biggy.

Never even considered that lol. Probably should have! Ion shine water wise youd need some pretty serious filtration system, alpha particles in water, not good!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
He could fit an RO unit to the mains water supply that is coming in, but he'd have to then store filters and rely on the water supply remaining constant. Plus, his waste water system would need upgrading to cope with a decent sized RO unit.

Thinking about it, even a water tank... he'd still need the RO unit.

Colin has made a great space... but how easy it would be to survive in there... dunno.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE