Found a duck egg

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jondavy

Oct 31, 2007
In a field (Worcestershire)
When I got back in from work today my wife said there had been one female and three male mallards in the garden today. They'd been out the front and round the back, then came back later, Anyhow I didn't really think anything of it.
I was out doing the rounds in the garden later, checking out what the rabbits have done in the last 24 hours, when my oldest little girl (4) comes up to me with an egg. She showed me where she found it, in a small hollow made by the rabbits (in the middle of the lawn).
So now we have a duck egg, it was quite cool to touch when we found it so not sure if it's viable but I stuck it in the airing cupbourd anyway. Anyone got any idea if it might be viable or not?
The ducks have been back again since but have'nt been up that end of the garden so I don't think they're looking for it.

I know it's a bit sad but i'm like a little kid hoping that that we'll have a little duckling in a months time.

Jon.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
well make sure you look up the correct temperature to keep it at and it needs turning to. If its fertilised it may well be viable. I dont know much about ducks, but hens do not sit their eggs until they have laid the whole cluch over several days so they all hatch at the same time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE