Forum totaly messed up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
This is atrocious. What a total mess. I hope this is just a transitional phase in some new design because IE8 on vista cannot handle the new web design. I cant even find my private messages. Cant see why it needed changing.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
It does seem like there are a lot of bugs, like when you sign in it goes through the "you have signed in" page and then when it gets back to the forum it says you haven't signed in until you move to a different page.

Personally, I liked the old style much better (even if this one didn't have bugs)

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Forum software and design are two different things though. the software controls the interactivity of the site. Design is static. If the HTML isnt validated for certain browsers then bugs crop up evrywhere and make it very difficult to navigate. I think the overall design is the major flaw here. The old design could be followed for the most part, whilst still upgading the software.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
The functionality seems fine on firefox. The design's a wee bit sore on the eyes though.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
There are other skins to be messed with. I think this one is the default version. BB had the same one until it changed last night, as the similarities where confusing those of us that flit between the two. BB now has a funky green colour, so hopefully Tony will change it for a skin more easy going on the eye when he has time.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Chill guys. It's a necessary upgrade and only temporary. The old forum software would soon be obsolete. Tony has explained it all on a few threads opened on this subject in the last 12 hours.

Here you go... read through this:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56704

Seconded.

Thread closed to prevent a whole plethora of threads on the same topic.

For info, please check the thread JonathanD referred to.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Keep us up to date with the issues but just for reference I'm using it at home on Win 7 and on Vista on google and firefox and at work on IE8 and I've not seen any glitches just yet, the front pages will be buggy for a little while but the forums are looking ok at the moment on this machine, if you can let us know specifics as succinct as possible that would be great.

Cheers

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE