Forth Clyde Canal Canoe

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I've always fancied doing all the way from the Clyde to Forth. The first part going through the locks in Glasgow I understand can be challenging with the natives ��. The latter part going from canal to the Forth is a bit of a Nav challenge but only for boats.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
We did a School Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award expedition, started at the official 'Glasgow to Edinburgh canoe trail' start, at 'Speirs Wharf'. No locks till Wyndford near Banknock. Then four locks between here and Falkirk. They stopped at Lock 16. 5-7 hrs paddling each day, wild camped two nights. Both wild campsites were on the opposite side to the towpath. No hassle of anyone at all. It was a Mon/Tues/Wed in Sept.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I've always fancied doing all the way from the Clyde to Forth. The first part going through the locks in Glasgow I understand can be challenging with the natives ��. The latter part going from canal to the Forth is a bit of a Nav challenge but only for boats.

Bowling up towards Lambhill is Lock hell, but get a trolley. All the locks have very low canoe pontoons, just off the water top to make life dead easy portaging. Also they have steps up off the canal at convenient spots too. Plenty points for food or fresh water canal side each day. Your allowed on the Falkirk Wheel and the Falkirk tunnel. Pics here from the official launch of the Glasgow to Edinburgh Trail here, we - my school canoe club -were lucky to be invited to be the first canoes on the Falkirk Wheel !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79734192@N03/sets/72157645396134205/with/14539128533/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE