Forest cloak for a small child (3 to 6 years old) pure wool.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The clear out of my workroom continues :)

This is a toffee coloured melton wool. It was expensive and originally bought for an 18th century outfit. I had just over a metre left and have made a little circular cloak with a hood and pockets, that fastens safely with a velcro 'button' tab. It measures 55 cms from the back neck to the hem.

£30 delivered if paid by paypal or bank transfer, or £25 if you come and collect it.

I'm very pleased with this little cloak, and the neighbouring 4 year old who I tried it on when I was sorting out the hood and fastening, loved it :D However, she wouldn't be wearing her cloak near campfires and this one being pure wool will not flare :approve: so she might get one out of velvet instead :D

The cloak is warm, relatively showerproof, safe near open flames, fires and stoves, easy to put on (and will hopefully pull free if snagged on a branch, without choking the child) and fun to wear. I have it draped over a 30" oval quilting hoop.

8870750744_e3b6754ac4.jpg

8870760176_d7aeed055c.jpg

8870754218_18d8fc25f9.jpg

Velcro 'safety' fastening button.

8870756916_e493be875f.jpg

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
:lmao:... When I read the title of this post in list of new posts I thought you'd branched out in a new trade Mary as the 'Forest Cloak' was missing :D

Tis a lovely looking cloak but sadly I don't have any grandchildren old enough for it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek: :eek:

Honestly, you'd think by now that I'd get a title clear :rolleyes: For Sale...small child.... :rolleyes:

Fixed it, but the photo uploading is dire :sigh:

The 90 year old Uncle had an accident with his scooter thingie and has broken his arm and is in hospital. I'm not up to concentrating on much, so it'll be small things for a bit I reckon :)

atb,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It is a bit of a distance :D

Would you like a sample of the cloth ?

I had hoped to come down to the Moot, and this cloak was one of the ones I had made to bring with me. I'm pretty sure I won't make it this year :sigh: and I need the space in my workroom.

cheers,
Toddy

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
:eek: :eek:

Honestly, you'd think by now that I'd get a title clear :rolleyes: For Sale...small child.... :rolleyes:

Fixed it, but the photo uploading is dire :sigh:

Awww... I quite liked the original title :)

The 90 year old Uncle had an accident with his scooter thingie and has broken his arm and is in hospital. I'm not up to concentrating on much, so it'll be small things for a bit I reckon :)

Sorry to hear that Mary, I hope he's OK and out of hospital PDQ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE