For the coarse fisherman....work in progress.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Here's my latest fishing creation :) it's a work in progress tonight 'cos my fingers are too sore to carry on :( all hand stitched.

ideal light carry kit, floats, hooks, scissors, discorger you can even keep your lisense in there as well

I'm trying to develope this at the moment, this is the first trial run, all comment and advice gratefully recieved.

floatwallet3.jpg

floatwallet2.jpg

floatwallet1.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2013
Finland
What a pretty setup.
I would add a place for a carabiner as my pockets are always full of stuff :)

What kind of rod would you recommend with that reel, bought one from ebay as they don't sell centre pins here.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Lovely, i notice there is nowhere for shot in it, maybe a pouch to hold some loose stitched in. Or a couple of elastic straps you used to hold a small tub. Very nice looking, and very handy no doubt.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Nice one Robbi. If you take a wire brush to split leather you get a decent soft suede effect too. I find splits hard to work for things like stitch grooves, but you've done a good job here.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Lovely, i notice there is nowhere for shot in it, maybe a pouch to hold some loose stitched in. Or a couple of elastic straps you used to hold a small tub. Very nice looking, and very handy no doubt.

The split shot problem has been bugging me but i reckon if you just pop a small tub in your pocket it wouldn't be too much of a problem. I want to keep the float pouch as flat and as light as possible.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cracking job there Robbi, my kind of thing for trotting small rivers.

Maybe a long thin tube would work for the shot, similar diameter and length to your biggest float

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Get some flies tied! Season begins in 2 months! (Well it does over here anyway) :D very nice looking handy wallet robbi .

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs

Maybe a long thin tube would work for the shot, similar diameter and length to your biggest float

That would work a treat, or even a length of fine trace wire so it lasts and pinch them on. Maybe a small length of mono for smaller shot if you use them.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland

Shewie, you're a genius mate !! i have lots of hollow crystal wagglers that i can use for shot ! :)

Jan 19, 2013
Finland
I use a bit of silicone tube for the shots, big ones at the ends to seal the tube and small ones in between.
The tube can also be used to attach floats to line, just cut 2mm from the tube, and slide over the line&float, easy to adjust depth too.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
lovely old peacock quills, reminders of childhood fishing days of yesteryear, you don't see them so much anymore.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE