For sale or swaps. Canvas pack, viking boots, SFA, wool jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
now im a full member these items are for sale or swaps. getting rid of them tae fund my trip tae Norway. prices do not include paypal fees.

First up is a Frost River Timber Cruiser pack. waxed canvas. bombproof. Used once so is pretty much brand new so havent taken pictures. info can be found here: http://www.frostriver.com/canoe_packs/timber_cruiser.html.

it comes with the waist strap and the tumpline. no woven basket. i value it at £160 posted within the uk . think this is fair as its in mint condition and your still saving an absolute fortune with postage and tax (import tax on this was £54 alone!). SOLD

Next is a pair of viking boots with a flat rubber sole. they were made by a bootsmith in europe. details can be found here: http://www.wulflund.com/costumes-shoes/footwear/viking-slavic-boots/viking-high-boots-iii.html

those were the ones i ordered but they came with a slight variation: the third toggle up has a long lace attached that you tie around the ankle instead. i preferred it anyway.

they are thick tough as nails leather, with adjustable antler toggles. the leather has a lovely grain with the usual blemishes. these boots are tough and hardwearing as i used them now and then for work boots, they even have a nick on the right boot where they stopped a kukri chopping through my leg. (left a small mark as shown in pics).

im selling them as they are ever so slightly too small. they are a size 8. so i would say a small size 8 or a slightly large size 7.

i value them at £100 posted within the uk . i remember having a 3-4 month wait for them with a fairly sizeable postage they ended up costing around £250 in the end! pics:

cimg1207k.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-04-13
cimg1207k.jpg

cimg1210lv.jpg

cimg1211d.jpg

cimg1212l.jpg

cimg1213i.jpg

cimg1215f.jpg

next up is a fur mantle that was bought for a photoshoot and has been in cupboard ever since. its rabbit fur with 4mm leather lining with brass hardware details can be found here: http://www.battle-ready.com/jerkins.htm

valued at £75 posted within uk.

cimg1216t.jpg

cimg1218t.jpg

also up for grabs is the gransfors small forest axe in those pictures.. SOLD

last is a blue plaid jacket with leather shoulders and trimmings. it says size small but id say its more a large as its absolutely massive on me and im a size S-M. Fosters trading company. £30 posted within uk

cimg1222x.jpg

cimg1223p.jpg

cimg1225s.jpg

Will also accept swaps or swaps&cash.

im after the following items:

Reindeer hides
tomahawk (like a coldsteel)
wool blankets (preferably earth tones)
swedish snow smocks (small or medium)
wool socks
merino baselayers
double silk sleeping bag liner

and possibly anything else along those lines try me.

PM offers please.

Hamish

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Just done a quick conversion online for the pack's stated 5,790 cubic inch capacity and it equals almost 95 litres. is that about right would you say Hamish?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE