For sale... Lavvu, stove and a sharp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Having a sort out to please SWMBO! So following redundant items up for sale

Mad Bear Vlidmark 4 Lavvu
Good clean condition as was thouroughly cleaned before storage (only used twice before wife got pregnant). Excellent Poly cotton Lavvu with Cotton inner tent and Groundsheet. Has upgraded Heavy duty steel pegs as the originals were too soft and bent too easy! (The only complaint people have had about this make of Lavvu from what I've seen). Excellent condition apart from one tie back for door came unstitched. Really not a problem and very simple to sort, just thought best to mention it. Other then that as new, maybe some dirt as you never get it all!!!

No longer used as wife prefers our Vango for baby and I'm now a tree dweller...

Now unavailable from MadBear much like the lesser Bjorn but with inner and cotton material see link.
http://www.madbearoutdoors.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=mbbjorn4

Was much admired at the Gathering couple of years ago.

Bargain of £280 inc postage. Cheap for a cotton Lavvu
PRICE DROP NOW ONLY £250 inc post

Cold steel Outdoorsman 2.

Lightly used and now pretty redundent due to preference for small folder and axe combo! Excellent knife, very nice to use. Light marks to sheath else excellent. Still boxed

Over £200 retail see link.
http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?P_ID=769

Asking £90 inc p@p

Optimus Nova multifuel stove

Complete and in excellent condition, Used only a couple of times. Phased out of service by my Hobo stove, that and SWMBO hates it! Very controllable multifuel stove and very reliable reputation. Original version with red fuel bottle.

£55 inc p@p SOLD PENDING PAYMENT TO TWODOGS.

All payments by Paypal or cash on collection if local! Photos are avilable for all except the Lavvu pitched as our garden is too small to pitch it! But I guess I could do if really wanted....

Last edited:

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Cheers twodogs, SWMBO will be pleased she hated it! Its the thought of petrol and fire that terrifies her... PM inbound.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Stove arrived today safe and sound
goes like a train ,
Picture003.jpg

Cheers

Good luck with the rest of your sale
Twodogs

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Is the outdoorsman san mai III?
Also, I'm in Saudi Arabia at the moment, any idea what the postage would cost to here?

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Graham, Yes It is San Mai 3. Great edge retention! I can find out postage tomorrow for you.

Cheers Twodogs, glad ya like it and arrived safe. It sure roars and boils fast!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Ok, Outdoorsman now sold.

Just the Bison Lavvu left... C'mon guys its good... Price drop now £250.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
They no longer make that one for some reason, but the nylon one is £280 without n inner at the mo. They were well over £400 last I saw. Pretty sure they were £468.
Used once for one night and then at one wilderness gathering before missus got pregnant and no longer wanted to camp, so I just went back to small tents, now she back to our trusty Vango which works well with baby and I prefer Hammock so unlikely to use for several years....

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
cant find any info on the net regarding the vildmark, i presume being cotton it is too heavy to be carried on a rucksack?. can u have a fire with the inner tent setup inside?.
sorry to be a pain
cheers ash

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Yeah Too heavy for backpacking, 11 kilo odd and bulky . Can't really see a reason why you couldn't use a stove with inner in when well set up. Kinda was designed for that use! Inner does leave the centre open to allow chimney through. Thats the real use for a cotton Lavvu, winter with stove. But also in summer its much cooler then nylon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE