For Sale: ELWELL Butcher's Chopper 1943 - Unused RARE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Hi All

I am trying to reduce amount of sharp and pointed stuff lying around in the house. Also as I have been buying a quite a few books recently(bitten by literature bug x-(), and I need funds to pay them off too. So I will keep selling stuff for next few days if not weeks.

This item is a rare ELWELL Butcher's Chopper from 1943 /|\ in one piece steel. It is in unused beautiful solid condition from the factory.

It has been wraped in newspapers soaked in wax for all that times, and the blade was covered in wax when I got it. Since I have cleaned the wax off, and it looks quite nice. This could be a colletors item or if you are a butcher, you could use it for daily business.

It weighs about 4.3kg unpacked. Total length is about 2ft, and blade length is about 9 inches long. The spine is 2cm on the tang(handle side) tapering to 1cm on the blade side.

I will post it via PF48 within UK next day after receipt of the PP(gift).

If outside UK, please enquire about the postage before buying.

For buying procedure for my item is like BUY IT NOW in eBay. Anyone who first replies to this thread saying - "I Will Have IT" will have it. Any PMs or enquiries will then become next in the queue.

Price I am asking is 60 ukp --> £50 --> £45 --> NOW £40 including PF48 delivery within UK.

bc1a.jpg

bc2a.jpg

bc3a.jpg

bc7a.jpg

Thanks for your interest & good luck.

spader.

Last edited:

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
:-O that is an absolute monster. Shame I have no pachyderms to butcher.

It certainly is great for displaying too - say hung on the the old kitchen wall. But it will work wonders for any type of chopping. It's the mother of all choppers. :)

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
This is a rare blade all in one piece high quality steel from ELWELL /|\ 1943. Weight of the blade is just right for two hand hold, and the weight of the blade assists in chopping woods, logs or meat - makes the job very easy. Still available for sale. First come, first served !!! Will post via Parcelforce48 (trackable on-line). Delivery to UK mainland only unless arranged otherwise.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
"I Will Have IT" please. That said, I am happy to wait and see if TeeDee wants to reply first with his confirmation of your reply. Thanks.

Very courteous of you! Please do take it on and remove temptation and a domestic from my life.
Would like to see a Photo when you re-clothe her.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE