For all the horsefly fans out there...

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Erm... That's a hoverfly, nor a horsefly methinks... so completely harmless.

It doesn't look like a horsefly to me either, where's our resident entomologist?

Getting some whopping great bovine horseflies crashing around the house last week or so, but they don't seem keen to bite.

Edit: Google images suggests otherwise, there are a lot of pics of that striped version.

Last edited:

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Hey, nice looking ponies there..........they've got the look of the Icelandic ponies about 'em, what breed are they?

Yes, you are absolutely right :D Icelandichorses.
The little one is a foal from this year (not mine), but the other one is mine from my own breed.
It is a gelding, but he has clearly adopted the foal.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Oh honestly, anyone can hit a horse with a stick at that range, shame on you :D

I promise, no horse was harmed!:deadhorse:
(Imagine even being able to use this icon!)

The helicopter pointed me out, probably thinking he would get an easy meal :swordfigh
To bad for him...her...IT!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The ponies look great - I have no first-hand experience of them but know many who have trekked in Iceland using them..............I'm told that they are very like the Austrian Haflinger in temprament, though not physically. Never see them in the UK but I'd like to have more to do with them................maybe someday...............enjoy your ponies, all the best, mac

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
We have some Haflingers in Norway to, but there is a major difference in the temperament. Both breeds are mentally solid and resilient, but the Haflinger tends to be less of a "team mate" I you catch my drift.
The Icelandichorse is very cooperative and has more energy, will to work; "Let´s get a move on! Time waits for no one".
The Haflinger is more like the sunday stroller; "Do I really have to do something?"

I hope you get the chance to experience the Icelandichorse!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE