food

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
went out walking today with the kids saw some lovely little plums so out came the plastic sheet put it under the tree gave it a good shake picked some nice blackberries on the way home and now there are loads of crumbles in the oven..........yummmmmmmmmy .just wonderd what other stuff people have picked today and what its turned into.......mark

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
went out walking today with the kids saw some lovely little plums so out came the plastic sheet put it under the tree gave it a good shake picked some nice blackberries on the way home and now there are loads of crumbles in the oven..........yummmmmmmmmy

Yummmy indeed! I love crumbles!

.just wonderd what other stuff people have picked today and what its turned into.......mark

Haven't picked anything today * but the apple trees are absolutely loaded this year and it won't be too long now before the first of them are ready. I've just put some scaffolding up around a couple of them because I was a bit lax with the pruning last year and I'm going to have some broken branches if I'm not careful. We're still eating apple puree that I made in 2008 so I suppose I'll have to get some more jars yet again!

* Too much work to catch up on after a fortnight away :( but I picked most of the blackcurrants before I went. :)

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Same as you, I collected some blackberries this morning that will be used in an apple & blackberry crumble tomorrow & I have been passing a group of 'wild plum trees' (wild as in not in someone's garden but along a road) every day for the past week which have,incredibly sweet, delicious little yellow plums (it's like eating balls of honey) & those are consumed under the tree, it would be a shame to do anything with them & even If I collected them, they wouldn't last the journey home.....irrestible.

Last edited:

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
All the wasps are tucking into my blackberries :-[

They are out quite early again aren't they!

I haven't had a successful year regarding fruit so far. The birds got most of my cherries and What we did manage to harvest is still in the freezer.

Looking forward to some apples though!

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE