food for dinner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
breakfast is easy porage oats/ ready brek / oats so simple add dried milk and hot water

apart from pot noodles yuk I have not found anything pleasing that I can carry in a pack that is light and nice, so what is your favorite onepot meal to eat while out in the woods.
but it must stay fresh in a pack for two weeks ?

Thanks David

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Self dehydrate your own meals or buy dehydrated meals.

For a lunch time snack I would go down the Chinese supermarkets they have some great noodles which are far better than pot noodles, some times you cab find some good ones down the foreign food isles in the super market, beef them up a bit with biltong/jerky.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
no one have a meal they can pack ? this is a bit grim for a two backpacking trip LOL

"Look what we found" bag meals, loads of different flavours. Batchelors boil in the bag rice, Loads of flavours. Cuppa soups and sandwiches for days out or even an overnighter. There is plenty of choice out there.:goodluck:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
For light and nice, I'd say buy a dehydrator and dry things you like. That's what I've been doing this past fortnight.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I have the same one by a different name (ex ebay) and it seems to be ok. It melts the bottom tray a little if set to its hottest but apart from that I have no complaints.
Generally pleased with the device and delighted with the dried stuff (notably spinach
t2801.gif
)

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
As per above, cous cous, rice or pasta all travel pretty well and its just a matter of what to put on them! I believe dolmio do stir in pots that go quite well on pasta and have a reasonable shelf life with no need to refrigerate.

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
How about taking some dried noodles and adding some foraged local fauna to make a sir-fry esque meal - may work if your faraging skills are up to scratch

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE