Food carrying

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A simple question but what does everyone use to carry food in on a trip. I use leather pouches for brew kits and nibbley stuff but what about the other items like main meal ingredients.

I`ve used an old 6 pack coca-cola cool bag since I was about 12 only it`s completely falling apart now. The good thing about it was it would keep stuff reasonably fresh whilst on the trail and at the same time it was soft enough to squash down into my pack. That way I didn`t get a hard square lump like a tuperware box or similar. I could fit plenty of big stuff in there like salamis and packets of rice etc and then hang it up on a branch when I got to camp.

So what do you use ?

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
To be honest, I usually stick it in a supermarket carrier bag. Nothing fancy.
It then becomes the camp rubbish bag and is binned on the way home.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
carrier bag for most things, a ziplock bag for dried fruit, and I've an old screwtop butter tub for, well, butter.

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
I like the plastic containers by Lock n Lock. The seal is 100% waterproof and the lid never comes off accidentally so nothing ever leaks out or in. Into a 1 litre box I can pack pretty much a days ration. They're heat resistant so you can use them as a bowl to eat a boil in the bag meal from. And it packs nicely into my rucksac side pouch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE