Following British Red's example...

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
After seeing BR's thread on his 'cowboy canteen' and watching (perhaps a few :rolleyes: ) too many Clint Eastwood movies, I decided I had to have one :cool: So, I found one on ebay and bought away!

canteen.jpg

I made a cover out of leather (reclaimed from a trenchcoat) and leather thonging. Then two guitar strap buttons (I figure that by the time I get around to fixing the guitar, I'll have gotten round to getting new buttons!) and - shockingly - a guitar strap!

Leatherwork's a bit dodgy, but great flask :D My dad told me that when he was a pilot he heard about a fella who took hot coffee on his plane in an insulated flask - when he was in the sky and opened it up, the lower pressure and a very well-sealed flask led to it boiling and splattering all over the place :eek: Interestingly, I saw on the package a sticker saying that it should only be shipped my surface mail! Disappointed to find no hot coffee inside though :p

Pete

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That looks great!

Now...."get of your horse and drink your...err...coffee" :D

The leather is really cool ....hmmm....suede would be good.....off to trawl the charity shops ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE