Folding knife wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

happybonzo

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2005
Nr Emsworth, Hants
Has anyone some suggestions for a folder? I want one for my son in law and would not want to spend more than £50 to £60.

Also, if it does "fold" and locks the blade, does that make it illegal to carry, use and own?

saddler

Forager
Jun 16, 2009
Haddington, Scotland
Look for a Svord Peasant

Made in New Zealand, by Bryan Baker.

They are a very simple design, but the guys on the BritishBlades Forum go nuts over them

Rough Price = £12 for a wooden handled version!!

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Brief summary on folder laws:
A knife for EDC (every day carry - carrying it every day without a specific purpose in mind) must be:
LESS than 3" long - this is unfortunately open to interpretation. Some people say measure from plunge line to tip - some say measure the cutting edge including the curvature - some say measure from pivot to tip - dunno, m'self, I measure from pivot to tip for safety.

• LESS than 3" long - this is unfortunately open to interpretation. Some people say measure from plunge line to tip - some say measure the cutting edge including the curvature - some say measure from pivot to tip - dunno, m'self, I measure from pivot to tip for safety.
  • Folding
  • NON-locking

If, however, you DO have a specific reason (ie 'reasonable excuse') for carrying it, and it is a good reason (carrying a 16" bowie knife to open boxes at work in a warehouse is NOT a good reason), you may carry a fixed blade or folding knife, locking or non locking, of any length. However, use common sense - if you're getting a bus to a campsite, you do not have a legitimate reason to have your knife anywhere other than your backpack until you are at the campsite.

Hope this helps! Not much use with which folder to get though - I have a tidioute and I love it to death!

Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE