Folding cooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gurushaun

Forager
Sep 12, 2003
Modbury, Devon/Cannock Staffs
Hi Simon

I've just bought one of those stoves from Trek Direct (operating from the same address). Folds to not much bigger than a Hexi stove, well made, works well with squaw wood, and pine cones. Keeps the sheeple happy, and allows you to have a brew :-D .

Cheers

Shaun

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Cheers for that Shaun, I've now ordered 1 so I'm waiting now. Hopefully I can get over to my shoot next week to do a bit of hide building and get the chance to try it out.

ATB
Simon

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I took this little puppy out the other day in the snow and cold and was very impressed with it. As long as you use dry wood, it cooks lke a house afire. :super: Use green twigs and it will smoke and sputter.
pocketstove.jpg

For snowshoe hiking and camping, I always take a cookie sheet or something similar along as well which I use to build an open fire on. Usually a few logs, then the cookie sheet, then the fire. But the cookie sheet also provided great stability for the little cooker. I don't mind the weight at all during the winter because my gear usually rides on a toboggan that I pull. I think if you plan to use this in the winter by placing it on a bed of logs, you will need to spend some time with an axe to plane the logs to get a nice stable platform. The cookie sheet is worth the weight, imo, because it will save you some hassle, especially for quick lunches on the trail.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Don't worry. Some day you'll learn the language. :wink:

So what do you call a broiler pan (found in your oven)? I like to use those as they are usually more heavy duty than a "baking tray" and you can build a pretty substantial fire on one. But they are a bit heavy to lug around.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
A broiler pan is called a roasting tin this side of the pond! :-D

If I keep watching the Simpsons I think that one day I'll be good at english!

Me fail english - that's unpossible!

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
ahhh, is that what broiling is? Thanks again Stew - wow, I'm realling picking this English up.

(did I just end that sentence with a preposition?)

When Winston Churchill was once criticized for ending a sentence in a preposition, he responded, "That is the kind of thing up with which I will not put."
:-D

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
My cooker going full tilt.

Dsc00204%20altered.jpg

Its been said before and I will stress it again, the wood must be dry. I had to feed it on that wood you can get from tesco's. All the wood on my shoot would not keep a flame but would when the cooker was fed a mixed diet.

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE