fly agaric mushrooms/fungi.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 18, 2021
leicester
hey guys and gals , i have always wanted to locate these gorgeous looking mushrooms . they look amazing and i would just love to take some photos of them close up . i have tried to do a bit of research on them and tell me if i'm wrong. it seems them are around late summer onwards in woodland. there is not a great deal of woodland that i know about here in leicester swithland woods maybe. are these mushrooms/fungi very common or hard to locate ? i would love to find some. before people have picked them all. i don't want to pick any but would love some close up in person snaps . hope you can advise , have a great weekend , ian leicester.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Reactions: mr yogi
May 18, 2021
leicester
i think , there going to be very hard to find, but i am going to try my hardest. but not until august is that correct ?????????????

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
People are picking them for what? Apparently hallusinogenic when not outright poisonous.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
People are picking them for what? Apparently hallusinogenic when not outright poisonous.
Sadly some people like to kick over or just pick fungi because they can, rather than leave them for others to enjoy.

I thought you 'process' them through reindeer for the hallucinogenic properties?

Munky1

Feb 9, 2014
Weymouth
As far as I am aware, the notion of Santa claus was brought about by Eskimos who drak reindeer urine after the deer had consumed the mushrooms.....As stated highly toxic but if thats your bag then allegedly soaking them in milk prior to consumption ( I am IN NO WAY advocating this) but you're still going to have a pretty rough ride. Was talking to my nephew the other day who has been told all mushrooms are poisonous and so of course in his 4 year old brain the best thing to do is kick them over (he has been educated otherwise now) and yes, I agree with that the vast majority kick them over, pick them etc so those that are genuinely interested tend to lose out, although I believe that its getting close to Summer Cep season (Steinpilz in German?) and they are some GOOD eating, along with parasol mushrooms. But as should be drilled in, unless you KNOW what you are looking at, best leave them where they are and live to see another day ;-)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE