Flintknapping DVD

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Just been on John Lord's website and he has a new DVD entitled Making a barbed and tanged arrowhead I've just posted off my order so I'll let folks know what it's like. By the way there are some photos of the BCUK knapping course on the site too.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Snufkin said:
Just been on John Lord's website and he has a new DVD entitled Making a barbed and tanged arrowhead I've just posted off my order so I'll let folks know what it's like. By the way there are some photos of the BCUK knapping course on the site too.

Its a pretty good dvd although its not the greatest for exciting action footage. The booklet which accompanies it is very good as you'd expect from a expert like John!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I agree with Gary, it's a good enough dvd, I would say though that you would struggle trying to follow the steps in the dvd without any prior knowledge of knapping. I think that most people would just destroy the piece they're working on if they just started bashing away. The book that John published would help understand more but the best way by far is to do some knapping with an expert like John, then you really do start to get an inkling of the skill involved.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE