Flint Knapping after the Bushmoot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Did anyone book a days flintknapping with Will Lord after attending his intro course at the Bushmoot last year?

If so, how did it go?

It was something I intended on doing but, as usual, never got round to. Story of my life really :rolleyes:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, I didn't go to the moot - but I have spent a day with John and Val. BB and I went down and spent a day with them - they are both too nice for words. Its a great day and amazing value for money. We both learned a great deal. Got some piccs somewhere if you like?

Red

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Well, I didn't go to the moot - but I have spent a day with John and Val. BB and I went down and spent a day with them - they are both too nice for words. Its a great day and amazing value for money. We both learned a great deal. Got some piccs somewhere if you like?

Red

Some pics would be good Red, cheers :)

How much was it for the day with John? Is he still doing it? I don't know why but I was of the impression he's retired now :dunno:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
£100 for the both of us with lunch and all the materials thrown in (and two copies of his book too),

They are still going strong

http://www.flintknapping.co.uk/thums.html

Pictures are on this thread

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=307726&postcount=1

Here's a wee taster :)

840119449_5aaca4efd8.jpg

Red

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Cheers Red :)
I can't get the thread to load up properly but, going by the picture you posted, I think I've read that thread before. I may have even posted a reply on it. :rolleyes:
My memory really is terrible :eek:

It's still definately something I'm interested in.
Thinking about it, I'm sure nickg has mentioned knapping with John before and tryin to organise a group for a days tuition. I may try to get a small group of people together.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
I did the 1 day with will and it was great. There are a few threads on the syubject so do search. Its a fantastic day and well worth it. If you want company i may be tempted to go with you.
There is a caravan site a few miles away that takes tents and I chose to do an overnighter rather that set of from here at some ungodly hour and Im glad that i did as its a fairly long drive. You get a full 9-5 day with a break for lunch but its so relaxed that you wonder where the time went.

Cheers
Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE