Flint for Wood?

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Hello. I'd like to propose a deal. Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this question. Since I volunteer regularly at Butser Ancient Farm and am on good standing with the team, having received my "you've been here long enough" volunteer t-shirt yesterday, I reckon I could ask for good quality flints and other materials that any BCUK members may need. Sparingly though, mind. I'd like to exchange flint nodules, of which we have plenty, for greenwood. I've been looking lots, but the amount of down time between my carving projects isn't as short as I'd like because of my being unable to find suitable woods.

Apologies if this belongs in another forum section or is against the rules. Just trying to help out people who don't have flint in their area in exchange for greenwood. PM if you're interested. :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice offer THOaken, especially for those of us in flint poor/tree rich places - like Scotland.

Well done on "seeing that, getting the T-shirt!"!

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Obviously I live in Hampshire and there is a lot of woodland near me. A lot. I've been able to identify the trees of course, but it's finding recently fallen logs I can use that's a bit of a problem.

If you're a tree surgeon or someone who works in the outdoors and is able to obtain a lot of green wood PM me. Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE