Fjallraven trouser sizing??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Hi all, seeking your wisdom here. I thinking of investing in a pair of Fjallraven Barents Pro trousers and wonder what the sizing is like. I think of myself as a 32" waist but the Kiwi's I have in that size are baggy on me; other makes are tighter. Any advice, please, from any users?

Cheers,

TedW

EarthToSimon

Forager
Feb 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
The standard Kiwi's are a bit baggy, I usually wear a pair of the Kiwi Pro's, they have a much slimmer fit and plenty of stretch. Not managed to rip a pair yet and if you look out you can get them for the same price as the normal Kiwis.

Been looking for a pair of Fjallraven trousers in a size 32 for years now but they're always out of stock, have you manged to find some?

With the Fjallraven jackets you want to go a size down most of the time, i've found the arms to be a bit short though, not sure on the trousers but it'll probably be similar.
Hope this helps!

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
thinking of investing in a pair of Fjallraven Barents Pro trousers

Not tried that particular model but they all appear to have the same cut

As much as I love my Kiruna "anorak" ( smock to me ), the matching trousers seemed a bit too "drain-pipey" at the shins for my personal taste. Shame :(

IIRC the waist sizing was OK. I'd say try before you buy if possible? The only places I see this brand in an actual shop are in Pickering and Keswick which is no use to you I'm afraid Ted :(

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I have a pair of Barents Pro trousers. I usually take a 34" waist and these feel quite well 'fitted'; the length is unfinished which means you'll have to turn them up yourself. I've worn them a lot recently and, after a short while, they do mould to one's shape pretty well.

They're great trousers - very comfortable and practical.

timbox

Feb 2, 2012
worthing
I bought a pair a couple of months ago sizing is spot on. They are fantastic trousers i'm sure you won't be disappointed.

davidpingu

Forager
Nov 3, 2012
Cwmbran
+1 on all comments above.

I'm conveniently between sizes on most trousers. A 33inch waist. Bought the euro size 50 which is for a 33 - 34 waist and they are spot on. The worst thing is finding someone who can do a quality job on taking the length off the legs. Should have enough fabric left over to make another pair!! :lmao:

benn25

Sep 30, 2015
london
Definitely size 50. I hover around a 32/34 waist and they fit perfect without a belt. I bought a pair of Vidda Pros recently and cant wait to try them out.

Here is a little overview of them. Basically the Barents with the extra bits on the ankles :)

[video=youtube;ZKTww4FUJgI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTww4FUJgI[/video]

Last edited:

bowji john

Silver Trader
I bought a pair of size 32" Fjallraven Brenner Pro trousers (I'm between 30 and 32" waist) - love them but found them HUGE around the waist. The legs stretch around the world ! but for £8.00 had them cut, re-stiched and the velcro tabs put back on

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE