Fishing tackle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
You wouldn't regard Marks and Spencer as purveyors of fishing tackle, but my local branch is currently offering a fishing kit for a mere nine quid (reduced from £20) - you get a six foot telescopic glass rod, a fixed spool reel loaded with 8lb monofilament, three spinners, various hooks in different sizes, a couple of floats, hook disgorger, non-toxic weights and swivels, and a plastic tackle box to keep it all in.

It's not the best quality, but its serviceable enough, and light. Good for backpacking/bushcraft use.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Rob said:
Sounds good - you dont need top notch kit to catch stuff.

If you are just looking to start out, or dont do it often, why pay more.

I still use and love an old rod that I was given for my 8th Birthday - ahem, 21 years ago. I have taught a lot of people with it too ;)

You're right Rob. It's the bit under the water that catches the fish, don't mater if you have a £250 carbon rod or a branch off a tree above, It's the "working" end that matters :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE