Fish Feed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Wing and I went north for a few days, canoeing the border lakes of Minnesota/Ontario.

We brought one rod, a Dawai that breaks down into a 16" X 6" carrying case.

Wing complained she never gets to fish and I let her try it out. There was no fishing for me after that as she caught fish after fish for the whole week. She caught northern pike, walleyed pike, small mouth bass and large mouth bass. We ended up hauling home a large portion of our food supply as we ate fish for most of the week (some photos and a trip blogg can be seen on "Song of the Paddle" forum).

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
pierre girard said:
Wing and I went north for a few days, canoeing the border lakes of Minnesota/Ontario.

We brought one rod, a Dawai that breaks down into a 16" X 6" carrying case.

Wing complained she never gets to fish and I let her try it out. There was no fishing for me after that as she caught fish after fish for the whole week. She caught northern pike, walleyed pike, small mouth bass and large mouth bass. We ended up hauling home a large portion of our food supply as we ate fish for most of the week (some photos and a trip blogg can be seen on "Song of the Paddle" forum).

LOL
cool story. I had a similar but different. One day fishing from the canoe, I didnt catch anything dispite the fact that everything was running smoothly and the weather too was fine. Than again twice it happend to me that I got fish unwillingly. I got a real mess with the line and tried to open up the mechanic to untangle the line, the hook was dangling lazy over the canoe in the water so I would not hurt myself. Within 5 minutes I pulled 5 fishes out of the lake, I could not use the fishing gear but had to pull the fish out hobo style.

Next time around, I was thinking well ahead planning where the best place for a fishing trap should be, I drove with a motor boat to the "right" place and dumped the fishtrap. The entire week I didnt catch a single fish. When I got enough with it, I drove with the boat to pick up the trap put it in the front and drove quite fast with the engine, a fast turn an the fish trap was flying off into the lake, right in the middle where I never would have put it, very deep water so the trap must have been hanging quite high up. I was to lazy to turn the boat around and thought, well I pick up the trap tomorrow morning. Said and done, the next morning I found full fish trap.

I dont know what that is but more I think and to try to do it "right" less I get out. :rolleyes:

cheers
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE