First winter hike of the season.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
Did my first winter hike of the season today. Shake things out a bit, or more accurately shake the cobwebs from my mind. 32F/0C, 8-12" of snow. That was a surprise. The farther i got back up the valley the more snow there was. I thought i could get by without snowshoes, and i did but they would have been good for the deeper stuff. Forgot to bring my good mitts and was barely ok with my light pair. Forgot my ccf pad but did have my sit pad so i got by just didn't get to lay down. Forgot to put my cliff bar in my pocket so desert was cold and hard or should i say delayed till i warmed it up and ate some on the way back. . I had my new merino long john bottoms on , my woolpower 400 top (nice), my fairly new Montbell down inner Jacket for when i stopped, (nice), and the regular other stuff i usually take. All the wood out there was wet from the recent rains, snow, melt then freeze, but i usually have a bag of twigs with me for the BB so lunch was a bit delayed but hot. It was good to get out and think about winter hiking in snow again. No pics from today but this is where i was ,,

IMG_0006.jpg

cheers
bill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE