First time setting up tarp and hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Well finally got to go to the woods today, bloody rain. Still had these items for a couple of months, but work had got in the way. So I digress only time I had to do this, so rang my landowner just to make sure all still ok, and she say yes. Blasted up there and tracks sodden, so walked in so far and then while rain stopped, took my time and rigged my tarp and hammock, well eventually ha ha.
Took some pics but not got them uploaded yet. Rain kept coming but hammock nice and comfy, however no insulation between my back and the air so could feel the cold, next project will be an under quilt.
Got wet putting it all away so now have to get it all dry and stored and most likely have to wait another month before getting back out there, such is life he he!!!
Will post pics later...

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
You got your permission sorted then, congrats mate. Its a good feeling when you get hammock and tarp set up for the first time, I've had the cold back problem (like most hammockers) and will try putting an inflatable sleeping mat in the hammock next time and if that doesnt do the trick it'll be an under quilt for me too. Most important thing is to just enjoy the time living in the woods. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE