First spoon

JonE

Forager
Apr 11, 2014
Oxfordshire
Evening All,

I've finally finished my first spoon after getting a spoon knife via the swap shop here.

It's not perfect but I'm really happy with it and so is her indoors. I had planned for it to be used as a large cooking spoon but she has decided she wants it hanging on the kitchen wall ☺.

Cheers

Jon

byqynu7u.jpg

qapatuvu.jpg

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
That's pretty darn good for a first attempt. It's always the case that first spoons are going to be a little on the chunky side. As you make more you'll realise how much material you can take off and how much it helps with the overall handling of the utensil.

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Its the start of a spoon carving life' be warned lol :) u will be carvin in ur sleep soon. :) still a nice spoon tho dude' keep at it :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JonE

Forager
Apr 11, 2014
Oxfordshire
Thank you all for the comments. Hopefully I'll be able to get out this weekend and collect some wood for some more.

Cheers

Jon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JonE

Forager
Apr 11, 2014
Oxfordshire
Hi,

Here's spoon number 2 from the chunky spoon collection this one is for my eldest daughters play kitchen. Hopefully spoon number 3 will be slightly slimmer.

Cheers

Jon

zy4upabu.jpg

duvyreju.jpg

JonE

Forager
Apr 11, 2014
Oxfordshire
Thanks for the replies and the positive comments ☺

It is rather addictive, no. 3 is in progress with numbers 4 and 5 planned, then I want to have a go at a Pestle and Mortar, oh and a bowl and cup and then there's the file and draw knife handles I need to finish and the................

8eda3evu.jpg

sa3yhuze.jpg

Last edited:

JonE

Forager
Apr 11, 2014
Oxfordshire
Here's my latest attempt pretty much finished now just needs sanding and a bit of tidying. It's got a natural bend/twist from the branch which I quite like. Still pretty chunky but getting better I think

I promise I'll stop posting spoon pictures now☺

Cheers

Jon

qebehasu.jpg

by4a5egy.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE