First Spoon carved this weekend.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just made this spoon this weekend, with my Mora Clipper. Hope you like, and I look forward to getting a crook knife so i can do a better bowl.

P1020017.jpg

I look forward to you comment.

and also recommendations of which Crook knife to get.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Thats a very neat and tidy bit of work.
As far as crook knives go, I only have one made by FYGT (Dorset Woodland blades) of this parish and it is very good. I have also used a frosts which was also good. I have concluded that they work as well as the edge you put on them. The sharper the knife the easier they are to use.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
I currently have a Svante Djarv SK102, which works like a dream plus I didnt have to sharpen it yet and its been in use for over 6 to 8 month, this because of the hardness of the steel, the ones from Svante usually come around 61 rockwell , In my oppinion this is a great plus for a crook knife, as they are not the easiest or fun to sharpen.
The frost I had I had to sharpen after about one and a half month, not bad at all, but I prefer my Svante.

Goodluck with making the decision between the many available knives ^^
Yours sincerely Ruud

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Looking good Stu mate, nice bit of detail on the handle.
What wood is it made from.
As far as a spoon knife to choose from, I have only used a Ben Orford myself so no experience of others.
I have three of Ben's and am pleased with them, have handled one of Duncan's latest ones, looked good to me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE