First Spoon Carve | Oak Porridge Spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clockworkwar

I have just finished my latest spoon, a bit of a bugger as the wood log that I had available was oak that wasn't very green. It has lots of knots in it but hopefully I have managed to navigate my way around it and produce something to use in the making or porridge.

It now needs to be allowed to dry and I will oil with a mixture of Walnut oil and bees wax.

Tools used: Fiskars X7 hatchet, Mora 120 carving knife and a Ben Orford Hybrid Small Crook knife.

P1030886.jpg

P1030892.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Spooky, I was just looking at this over on SOTP

In fact I was just about to watch the Rush animation on your blog and then the phone rang and I got distracted.

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Terrific. Only done one oak one myself and that was a small one. I think it willlook stunning when oiled.

Cheers,
Leif

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Mate the spoon's cool but you eat porridge? :aargh4:

Porridge rocks! :cool:

Its such a versatile food, you can bake with it, make patties and fry it, make it with milk or water, at fruit, meat, salt or sugar to make a different meal., it lasts forever if kept dry and is lightweight. Even if it gets a bit damp and goes mouldy it can still be used for soaking up oil underneath the land rover!:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE