First Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
DSCN1658.jpg

DSCN1657.jpg

DSCN1659.jpg

First self made sheath, thoughts?

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
Pretty snug, made sure the stitching was pretty tight, definitely better than the plastic guff that preceded it

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Better than the plastic ones for sure. What leather have you used? It's got a nice texture embossed on it. The stitching will get better the more you do, keep at it!;)

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
Better than the plastic ones for sure. What leather have you used? It's got a nice texture embossed on it. The stitching will get better the more you do, keep at it!;)

It was a piece taken from a leather gaiter that my grandfather wore in military service, I believe. I thought it a nice sentimental use for it :) I agree the stitching isn't amazing but I'll be working on it, a good excuse to buy more knives I guess..

May 16, 2011
Perth
Nice one better than my first and only sheath, i made it out of an old army kitbag for my machete stitching is better too(give it its due its still holding together). i wanna make a leather one now. cheers for sharing

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
It was a piece taken from a leather gaiter that my grandfather wore in military service, I believe. I thought it a nice sentimental use for it :) I agree the stitching isn't amazing but I'll be working on it, a good excuse to buy more knives I guess..

Nice one, I figured it was old military leather, that's a real bonus when it has special meaning to you. You can use a fork to mark holes for tidy stitching. Any excuse to buy another knife and work leather eh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE